The Event Umbrella’s (TEU) Place Services Team is in contract with London Borough of Ealing (LBE) to provide outdoor venue management services. This includes: administering the application and approval process for the hire of Council owned or managed land by third party event organisers, fitness providers, dog walkers and other small activities;, coordinating and chairing the Safety Advisory Group; supporting community event organisers to improve the quality, safety and sustainability of their events; and promoting Ealing as an events destination. Curating a diverse programme of activity throughout Ealing has given TEU an unrivalled insight into developing relevant, cultural and sporting events that are welcomed by the host community.
1 min read
- Processing all applications by third-party event and activity organisers seeking permission to operate on Council owned/managed land
- Develop and implement policies which govern the application and approval process for event organisers
- Programme development
- Developing visionary strategies for the future with a clear route to achievement
- Identify cost savings across the department and increase revenue via the hire of Council owned/managed land to commercial event and activity organisers
- Propose suitable hire fees in line with budget forecasts and reporting
- Managing expectations of hirers
- Reviewing EMPS and safety plans
- Facilitating the Safety Advisory Group
- Stakeholder, business and resident engagement
- Supporting community groups in the delivery of their events
- Advise the Council and event organisers regarding statutory and policy compliance
All third-party led festivals, events, fitness training providers, professional dog walkers and other small activities that wish to operate in or on Council owned/managed land (including the highway) must first apply to TEU for permission, and relevant fees must be paid.
The Place Services Team use tried and tested application processes and booking systems in order to maximise efficiency in terms of time and cost management. As a result of COVID-19, the Place Services Team has implemented an additional enhanced application process that sets a framework within which events in Ealing can continue during the ongoing pandemic. This framework enables the Place Service Team to continue achieving LBE’s overarching aims for the service which includes increasing resident engagement and participation in culture; and increasing commercial revenue to the council through sensitively diversifying how public open space is used.